Progressive GE is recruiting for one of the World's Largest Oil & Gas Companies/Operators for a Pipeline Engineer in booming Midland, TX! This company plans on producing 1 million barrels of oil per day by the end of 2019 with production not even reaching its peak until the year 2035 so career longevity comes with this role!
Looking for Pipeline Engineers with a hydraulics background. The position will be in the Facilities Engineering Group overseeing brownfield projects: commissioning and maintenance projects. Ideal candidates have hydraulics simulation modelling knowledge (pressure systems & flow assurance background). This engineer will be mentoring engineers so must be able to mentor people and enjoy doing this.
This is a long-term contract with high potential to go direct hire and if not it will extend. We offer full benefits to our employee contractors with 401k. Competitive hourly pay rates with overtime at 1.5. If traveling to the field per diem will be provided and compensation for travel to the field at half the hourly rate.
Full Job Description:
- EHS expertise in pipeline operations; ability to engage field operators on EHS risks, mitigations; develop efforts to improve safe operation and implement proper procedures
- Provide engineering support to Compression / Pipelines Operations team
- Troubleshoot operation issues with oil and gas pipeline networks in Delaware Basin (NM & TX) to ensure high uptime on oil and gas
- Expected time in field ~2-3 days/week, working closely with Company and 3rd party operators
- Provide engineering support for pigging operations; develop pigging plans (frequency, vendor, liquids handling, etc.)
- Troubleshoot with Measurement any gas meter or LACT issues; backfill Compression Engineer as needed
- Ensure reliability of pipeline systems between upstream tank batteries and downstream compressor stations, gas plants, or central tank batteries
- Develop, implement, and manage Flow Assurance strategies for gas hydrates, wax, sand and other downtime-causing events
- Manage any pertinent chemical program with Operations and vendor
- Lead Division efforts to reduce flaring
- Interface with facilities engineers, marketing, 3rd parties, operations to evaluate flare trends and create solutions to increase gas capture
- Prepare monthly reports on flaring events and forecast flaring going forward
- Evaluate NGL/LNG gas capture technologies and manage and contracts put in place for remote capture equipment
- Participate on Company Greenhouse Gas Sustainability Team
- Mentor new hires joining this small midstream engineering operations team
- Lead small pipeline projects not under scope of Plants & Projects (tie-ins, 3rd party interruptible connections, LACT upgrades, meter replacements, etc.)
- Provide interface during commissioning activities between Plants & Projects and Operations
- Will be handover point on engineering side for the various pipelines under construction and planned (gas lift/fuel gas, oil gathering, low pressure gas gathering, NGL, etc.) that are upstream of new plants
- Attend HAZOPS, design reviews, etc. from operations standpoint
- Preferred knowledge/Skills:
- Working knowledge of applicable pipeline and welding codes (ASME B31.3, 31.4, 31.8; ASME Section IX)
- Able to size pipelines and perform hydraulic analysis (predominantly single phase networks)
- Knowledge of common flow assurance issues; able to develop hydrate curve and determine inhibition quantities
- Knowledge of pipeline materials and common corrosion mechanisms
- Knowledge of pipeline operations
Job is Midland, TX -based but expected travel to Carlsbad, NM or Monahans, TX area 2-3 times per week.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.