- Position(s): 1
- Title: I&E Inspector
- Duration: 6-12 months (possibility of extension/ direct hire)
- Start Date: ASAP
- Location: San Antonio, TX
- Work Schedule: 8 hour shifts 5 days a week
- Pay Rate: Hourly rate + overtime when applicable (anything over 40 hours in a workweek)
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to safety, quality, and continuous improvement. Drive a sense of urgency in plant fabrication without sacrificing safety or quality.
- I&E QA/QC efforts to assure that all modules are fabricated per design and meet applicable codes and industry standards. Provide single point accountability for total I&E scope.
- Identify fabrication shortcomings during module walk downs and work with fabricator to resolve all punch list issues.
- Process Controls QA/QC efforts to assure that all appropriate testing is performed on each module and those instruments and process controls function as intended. Identify shortcomings and work with fabricator to resolve those issues. Provide single point accountability for total process controls scope.
- Provide client oversight of fabricator integrated FAT testing once the individual modules are connected together at the fabricator's site. Assure that all instruments, process controls and electrical connections function as intended. Identify shortcomings and work with fabricator to resolve those issues.
- Work closely with OA/QC I&E Lead, Process Controls and Electrical Engineers serve as their "eyes and ears" at the vendor shop and interface with those engineers to resolve issues.
- Coach fabricator's QA/QC department staff on industry practices and to help them identify and correct I&E fabrication issues so that they are not repeated on subsequent modules.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in I&E / Process Controls roles in the oil and gas or chemicals industry.
- Minimum 10 years in an operating environment in a refinery, chemical plant, or oil and gas production facility.
- Minimum 5 years providing QA/QC support to projects.
- Hands-on experience maintaining I&E equipment.
- Expert knowledge of process controls including PLC, DCS, SIS, IPF, and HMI.
- Extensive knowledge of I&E codes, standards, and industry practices.
- Adept safety and quality experience.
- Team leadership experience.
- Exceptional coaching / teaching skills.
- Adept communication / interpersonal / teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence contractor behavior.
- Adept organizational skills and ability to oversee multiple tasks in a group environment.
- Proficient in use of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
If you are interested, please apply and/or send an updated resume to p.stroudATprogressiverecruitment.com
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.