Technician - Analytical Development
For our client in Leiden we are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Scientist (Technician)
Analytical Development - Biophysics and Process Analytics
The Biophysics and Process Analytics (BPA) team is a dynamic group (30 team members), which is part of Analytical Development (AD), responsible for a range of activities focused on biophysical and analytical vaccine characterization. Our responsibilities include project bridging and transfer from late discovery to development, analytical support for process development, scouting exploration and implementation of novel analytical technologies.
Main tasks and responsibilities will be:
* Sample analysis for internal (& external) stakeholders.
* Executing analytical and (molecular-) biochemical methods.
* Data analysis and reporting.
* Responsible for documentation e.g. CofAs and trending reports.
* Further responsibilities include instrument maintenance & troubleshooting.
* Written reporting and oral presentations in various settings.
* Background in Biochemistry, Biophysics and/or protein chemistry or related fields.
* Knowledge of e.g. QPCR, ELISA, Biological assays, UPLC, CE, DLS.
* Affinity for automation and software.
* Experience in good documentation and quality systems are preferable. Competences:
* Affinity with software, robotics and automation.
* Strong communication + organization skills
* ability to work in a team
* independent planning and execution of tasks.
* Quality minded, accurate and eye for detail.
We're looking for an all-round profile with strong affinity for robotics; they'll fit in a team that not only will support the department with routine based lab work (50%) but will also be focusing on developments in automation to investigate possibilities to automate work in future.
We're looking for an agile and resilient personality, a curious mindset, and able to prioritise tasks and work independently.
For more information, and to apply, send me your most recent CV + Cover Letter to: j.vanbaalen(@)progressive-nl.com