The main purpose of the EIA Lead (Electrical, Instrumentation & Automation Lead), is to lead the EIA activities during the conceptual, basic and detail engineering of the project. During construction, he is leading the installation activities on site, making sure the installation is done safely in scope, budget & time and in line with the required quality. He reports directly to the Build Project Manager.
Projects with capex between 15 - 75 million USD or projects with moderate EIA project-complexities (related to the required interfaces with Engineering Providers, new processes & technologies, managerial maturity needed, size of manpower on site to be managed, …) are typically managed by a BPO EIA Lead level 2.
10% Ensure that the project is engineered based on the applicable client leading practices, policies, guidelines, national and international norms. Some leading practices are Business-Group specific and can differ per country / site in EMEA.
80% People Management:
A. 30% Develop in close cooperation with the Engineering Service Providers the EIA engineering activities during Front End Loading of the project as well during construction-phase (so as well conceptual, basic & detailed engineering). During engineering, he will work closely together with the BPO Group EIA Lead.
B. 50% Lead the EIA-activities (safety, scope, quality, budget, time) on site during the construction phase and apply all required design corrective actions in the EIA field. He / she works closely together with Engineering Service Providers, Contractors, Notified Bodies, Authorities, … He / she is responsible to deliver a safe project within scope, quality, budget & schedule. He's the final EIA responsible of the project (engineering & construction).
10% Identify, document and communicate lessons learned in this EIA field to the appropriate functions.
Education (includes formal education, certifications, accreditations, etc)
- Master degree in Electrical, Instrumentation or Automation Engineering or similar experience
- > 5 years experience as EIA project engineer preferably in the food/feed industry
- Managed at least already 2 times EIA projects (level 1), successfully.
- Managed at least already 1 time EIA projects (level 1) with major EIA brownfield works, successfully.
- Proved in those previously executed EIA projects that he / she can easily coop with project-complexity and has the managerial skills to lead a group of engineers and contractors (intern / extern) smoothly through the whole life-cycle of a project.
- Experience with industrial automation, electrical, instrumentation and the design and specification of such installations
- Knowledge about national and international (EMEA) EIA norms and standards
- Exposure to EIA construction safety
- Experience with set-up of electrical installation (High Voltage, Low Voltage)
- Experience with bus installations (Fieldbus, Profibus, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge about ATEX (Atmosphere Explosive) and SIL (Safety Integrity Levels) norms and standards
- Experience with Process control systems (philosophy, architecture, infrastructure, etc.)
- Able to work with project tools (WBS (Work Breakdown) , Project tracking systems, calculation tools, ..)
- Fluent in English (both verbal and writing) * Willing to work in an international environment and a multicultural team
- Willing to travel and work abroad in EMEA region
- Exposure to work and lead outside comfort zone
- Electrical knowledge (short circuit and cable calculation, protection philosophies, Low Voltage distributions, drive applications, motors, transformers, etc.)
- Instrumentation Measurement principles, process valve calculation
- Having knowledge of Electrical Software documentation
Internal / External Contacts Complexities
- BPM Project Team
- Plant EIA Engineering Coordinator
- EIA-suppliers & -contractor
- EMEA Leading Practices Group
- EMEA Utilities Technology Group
- BU Technology Group
- Project Controller
- External Engineering Providers
- External EIA contractors
- External Notified bodies
- External EIA Authorities
- External Municipality Authorities
- To accurate execute the EIA part of the project within safety, scope, quality, schedule & budget
- Lead and develop the EIA project team of diverse members
- Collaboration with other technical fuctions
- To be involved in multinational and multicultural project team in different European locations