Cell Culture Technician
Cell Culture - Technician
The QCD labs Cell Culture group is part of the Analytical Development Department of the Pharmaceutical and Analytical Development sector. The QCD department is responsible for the release and stability testing as well as the corresponding reporting of Janssen's virus and antibody products for use in clinical trials and the analytical support of the pilot plant activities.
Within the Cell Culture group cells are cultured and seeded for assay and release testing purposes. Various cell lines are maintained, including cell banking activities, optimizing culturing and development of new cell lines. The usage of the cells is for various molecular biological assays within GMP, GLP and development studies. Also various release assays are performed by the team as they consist mostly of cell culture activities.
We are looking for a motivated technician who enjoys working in a multidisciplinary team. Your main tasks will be:
- Culturing cells for all purposes described above
- Interpretation of test results of assays performed
- Reviewing of work performed by colleagues
- Maintaining GMP status of all activities within the cell culture laboratory - Having close contact with customers
The technician is involved in all aspects of the cell culture team. Documentation and Quality (GMP) and efficiency improvements are important factors within Analytical Development
* MLO/HLO in relevant field
* 2-5 years lab experience
* GMP environment experience required
* Experience with cell culture and/or molecular biological assays is required
* Affinity with medical products and experience with quality and laboratory systems such as SAP and LIMS is an advantage.
* Competent in reading/documenting in English required
The candidate fit for the job is accurate, flexible, pro-active and capable to build good relations with all stakeholders. He/she is capable of keeping the overview and to optimize processes in a dynamic, strong growing environment.
For more information, and to apply, please send me an email with your CV and cover letter to: j.vanbaalen(@)progressive-nl.com