Business Intelligence Engineer
The Business Intelligence Engineer, Back End, is a direct report to the Business Intelligence Lead. The key responsibility of this position is overseeing the full lifecycle back end development, implementation and deployment of the Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data Mart, Data Lake and Business Intelligence Reporting environments, and the support of the integration of those systems with other related applications. Key areas of responsibility:
- ETL/ELT Processes
- Data Warehouse designs/developments/deployments/Support
- Developing/maintaining/evaluating/testing Big Data Solutions
The BI Engineer works closely with the data analysts, data scientists, and data engineering teams in order to power insight and avail meaningful data products for the business and enable consistently informed management decisions.
The BI Engineer understands how data is turned into information and knowledge and how the knowledge supports and enables key business processes within Euthe company. An in-depth understanding of the business environment, and strong analytical and communication skills are a must. The BI Engineer must work well within a team environment.
- Managing the balance of current and future needs in both design and content. This role requires a rare blend of skills normally found in the specialized roles of data modeler, DWH developer and database analyst, data engineer.
- Structure the data for optimal access, performance and integration.
- Building [new] data sets and data structures as required to support business needs and for managing the distribution, replication and archival of data
Work complexity [depends on level]:
- Works on highly complex and cross-functional BI solutions.
- Directs, organizes, and leads projects in the implementation and use of new BI/Analytical solutions and systems
Are you our new BI specialist in The Hague? Apply online or send your CV to Bas van der Snoek via b.vandersnoek @ progressiverecruitment.com. If you would like to know more about this job or similar jobs in IT, contact Bas van der Snoek via 020 530 5800 or b.vandersnoek @ progressiverecruitment.com.