Associate Scientist - Junior Outsource Coordinator
ssociate Scientist - Junior Outsource Coordinator
Janssen Vaccines is committed to developing first-in-class or best-in-class vaccines for some of the world's most life-threatening infectious diseases such as Ebola, RSV and HIV. We have built a dedicated, extraordinary, multi-functional team across a variety of disciplines to develop a promising vaccines pipeline. In Leiden, we have a workforce of 700 scientists and support staff, 45% of our employees has a nationality other than Dutch with over 20 nationalities represented.
In the Quality Control Development (QCD) team (38 FTE) we are responsible for the coordination, execution and reporting of all GMP QC testing related to our products in development. You will join a team of 3 coordinators (2 Senior Outsource Coordinators and you) reporting to the supervisor Outsource Coordination and Sample Management within QCD.
Responsibilities and Duties:
We are searching for a suitable candidate to reinforce our team with the focus on supporting the Senior Outsource Coordinators. You will combine your experience in quality control testing with your talent for keeping clear overviews and coordination skills to not only maintain the current processes but also work together with other parties like Contracting and Procurement to ensure all required assets are in place to enable efficient outsourcing and testing of our products. You will work closely together with the Release & Stability coordinators, who are responsible for overall project coordination, to identify the studies and materials that need to be coordinated in a sustainable way.
Your Main Tasks and Responsibilities will be:
* Keeping clear overviews and maintaining the planning and reporting tools
* Supporting and assisting the Outsource Coordinators in their daily routine
* Prepare and/or approve documents and invoices to ensure timely testing and payment of external parties
* Team up with Outsource Coordinators to identify improvement opportunities
* Maintaining all relevant GMP documentation, protocols and electronic systems
* Ensure timely and proper reporting to partners and stakeholders
* MBO4 + a minimum of 5 years of experience in a GMP laboratory environment or BSc. with a minimum of 2 years in a GMP laboratory environment
* Strong communication skills
* Able to work independently
* Flexible and accurate
* Good organizational capabilities
* Professional proficiency in English, Dutch is desirable
* You are eager to extend your knowledge of the processes of Vaccine development
* Knowledge about Outsourcing process within a pharmaceutical company is advantageous
Full time preferred, 32 hours discussable. English required, Dutch a plus (colleagues are all Dutch speaking). Longer-term anticipated. This is a MBO/HBO level function, quite admin heavy, very suitable for a technician who is tired of working in the lab and is keen to grow in more coordinator-type role. Longer-term anticipated (with long-term growth opportunity).
For more information and to apply, please send me an email with your most recent CV + Cover letter to: j.vanbaalen(@)progressive-nl.com