Assistant Scientist - Sample Management
Assistant Scientist within Materials and Sample Management Team
Janssen Vaccines is committed to developing first-in-class or best-in-class vaccines for some of the world's most life-threatening infectious diseases such as Ebola, HIV and most recently COVID-19.
We have built a dedicated, outstanding, multi-functional team across a variety of subject areas to develop a promising vaccines pipeline. In Leiden, we have a workforce of 700 scientists and support staff, 45% of our employees has a nationality other than Dutch with over 20 nationalities represented.
In the Quality Control Development (QCD) team (38 FTE) we are responsible for the coordination, execution and reporting of all GMP QC testing related to our products in development. You will be joining the Materials and Sample Management team. In this position you will report to the Supervisor Sample Management and Outsource Coordination.
Responsibilities And Duties:
We are searching for a suitable candidate to reinforce our Material and Sample Management team as assistant scientist who enjoys working in a multidisciplinary environment.
You are accurate, pro-active, a standout colleague and capable to build good relations with all stakeholders. You are capable of keeping the overview and to optimize processes in a multifaceted, strong growing environment. Experience with lab activities in a cGMP environment, where documentation plays a major role, is considered as a must.
It may be an excellent opportunity for Technicians who want to pursue their career in a job more outside the labs.
Your Main Tasks and Responsibilities Will Be:
* Sample receipt, storage and forwarding according to cGMP
* Preparation of shipping documentation
* Maintain up to date lab planning
* Maintain up to date inventory of materials and samples
* Process and review incoming Certificates in the appropriate systems (e.g. LIMS)
* Receipt and record inspection and test results and Review of work performed by colleagues
* MLO-4 or HLO, affinity with medical products and experience with quality and laboratory systems such as cGMP, SAP and LIMS are strong advantages.
* Detailed and Careful
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry is required
* Logistical experience is a pre
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Experience working in a Quality driven environment
* Good communication in English and Dutch (written and verbally)
For more information, or to apply, please send me your most recent CV + Cover letter to: j.vanbaalen(@)progressive-nl.com