Teamlead Embedded Software
For the embedded software team of my client we are looking for a dynamic team lead. The typical work flow starts with a product manager who defines a new product or a change to an existing product. Together with this product manager, the project lead and your own team, you will define what is possible (and what is not), what are the risks, how to mitigate them, tasks for the team members, work estimates, priorities, timing, etc.
As embedded software team lead:
- You are responsible for the firmware in all products. Deliver the firmware taking into account the agreed timing, development effort, scope and quality.
- You can motivate people, challenge them and help them out where needed
- You make sure your team works together in an efficient and pleasant way
- You make sure that the firmware development is synced with the work of the other teams. As such you work in close collaboration with the other team leads, in particular product quality, AI and hardware.
In terms of development tools and processes:
- Most people use Linux as their primary desktop operating system
- All firmware is written in C++17 running on embedded Linux inside the traffic cameras
- The SoCs used are mainly from NXP I.MX family and Ambarella CV family
- All code is version controlled in Git/Bitbucket
- All code is reviewed by at least 2 other people
- Most code is unit tested
- Jenkins servers are used as part of a nightly build and continuous integration system
- Confluence is used as an engineering documentation system
- JIRA is used for defining products, versions, work back logs, priorities, time logs, etc