Production supervisor (PR-34046387)
Our client is a big player in food ingredients and bio-industrial business and is currently looking for a production supervisor for their plant in Antwerp.
The production supervisor will assist and execute all production processes within a single technical process or shift, ensuring areas of responsibilities meet company standards for safety, quality, efficiency, and financial performance. They seek a multifaceted team leader who will be able to undertake project work off shift (3 shifts) when required and deputize when needed in the absence of the production manager.
- Assist in execution of day-to-day operations for assigned area, ensuring reports are following policies and procedures related to employee safety and food and feed safety.
- Monitor risks associated with products and ensure the quality of the product and ensure the quality of the product meets customer specifications.
- Maintain adherence to company safety and hygiene standards.
- Always ensure employee and product safety by completing full training according to task procedures and individual needs.
- Support and administer production budget for a department, process or shift.
- Mentor production workers and participate in their selection. Handle holidays, welfare, performance reviews and engagement, highlight training gaps and needs, disciplines, performance management and absent management.
- Identify risks and recommend areas of improvement and innovation.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Effective communication and team development skills.
- Computer literate
- Previous experience as team leader in a production environment or shown ability in a skilled operative position with the willingness to undertake further qualification if required.
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Lean six sigma experience is preferred but not a must.
- Willing to work in 3 shifts (early shift, late shift and night shift)
Our client provides a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. They also offer a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Please send me your CV + motivational letter on k.boons(at)progressiverecruitment.com
Kelly Boons, Progressive recruitment