My client, a large upstream Oil and Gas Companies is currently looking for an measurement tech to join their team located in Austin, Texas. This is a 6 month contract position with a strong possibility of becoming a full time position. This role will typically suit someone with a production tech, operations tech, or an allocation advisor background.
Core Responsibilities include:
Reporting directly to the Well Operations Lead, the successful candidate must possess project management and project execution experience related to measurement & loss control.
Provide professional advice and guidance on operational processes, their optimization, facility design and solution to all aspects of liquid and gas custody transfer measurement.
Establish requirements for metering calibration checks, frequency of calibrations, internal audits/reviews on metering and measurement
Effectively estimate production volumes for daily review and management weekly reporting, monthly allocations, production forecasting, and reservoir management
Provide professional advice and guidance on operational processes, their optimization, including facility design, and solution to all aspects of liquid and gas custody transfer measurement problems
Perform technical audits of operated and non-operated facilities for gas and liquid measurement and provide input for their improvement
Ensure proper measurement and allocation of lease production
Provide technical input on custody transfer measurement and loss control for project engineering, operating organizations, vendors, manufacturers and design firms
Support daily well surveillance using real time data, field reports, decline curves, pressure information
- 10 plus years of experience in measurement & loss control in the upstream oil and gas industry
- Knowledge of API tank gauging procedures, liquid quality determination, LACT unit design and operations
- Specific knowledge in custody transfer measurement systems including turbine meters, Coriolis meters, ultra-sonic meters, positive displacement meters, etc.
- Metering system design, development, tank gauging, meter proving, flow computers, PLC's, etc.
- Knowledge of refinery yield accounting is strongly desired
- SAP, Merrick, Spotfire experience
- Travel to the field to support operations as needed
- Bachelors degree preffered
- Local candidates to Austin, TX are strongly preferred
Schedule: 9/80 schedule or Mon-Fri (40 hours)
Contract Duration: 6 month contract - highly likely to become full time
Travel: 20% travel time
Location: Austin, TX
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.