A national furniture and electronics rent -to -own company in Plano TX are looking for a Java Engineer to join their team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: * Design, code, test, and troubleshoot application programs and/or system interfaces utilizing defined hardware, database, and programming technology
* Maintain and modify application programs; make approved changes per coding standards
* Work under the direction of a supervisor or lead on application development, integration, and maintenance projects
* Work with technical business analysts and developers to ensure understanding of application intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls
* Write and maintain complex application documentation
* Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored, or accessed
* Estimate the level of effort required to accomplish tasks
* Analyze performance of applications and take action to correct deficiencies based upon consultation with users, other technical resources, and the Manager of Application Development
* Confer with technical business analysts and business community to gain an understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing applications
* Create logical and physical data models to meet the needs of the business community requirements
* Lead the overall technical direction for large highly complex projects including cross functional integration.
* Mentor junior software development team members * Establish and enforce application coding standards through code reviews
* Have advanced business domain knowledge across all applications in that domain * Proactively identify and recommend system improvements
* Have Deep dive experience in the following areas: Agile process, NodeJS, HTML 5, AngularJS, JSON, RESTful based services JOB
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
* Minimum 8+ years progressive application development and integration experience, supporting large complex applications.
* 4+ years of Solution Architecture experience.
* Advanced knowledge of SQL against a relational database
* Advanced experience with source control tools (GIT or similar) and defect tracking systems required
* A strong business acumen with basic knowledge of Retail principles
* Clear and effective writing and technical documentation skills
* Advanced understanding of Object Oriented Programming practices and Functional Programming
* Team oriented with strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Excellent prioritization skills with the ability to see a task to completion
* Good analytical/problem-solving skills
Please get in touch if this sounds like the job for you!
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.