My Client, a leading Oil and Gas Company, based in West Virginia is looking for a Field Environmental Specialist III to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is a great time to join this this company as they have maintained a great market position throughout the downturn, offering employees stability and consistent work. This client also offers great benefits, training and career growth for their employees.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Sciences or equivalent area of study,
- 5+ years Regulatory and/or EHS experience. Additional experience may substitutes for degree,
- Advanced study and/or professional license/certification can be applied toward relevant experience,
- In-depth knowledge of EHS regulations (Federal, State, Local) and permitting,
- Direct experience with NPDES permitting and compliance preferred,
- Working knowledge of NORM/TENORM regulations and Solid Waste Facilities preferred.
- Working knowledge of HSSE requirements
- Solid background in waste and water. Oil and Gas operations experience is preferred but not imperative as extensive water treatment and landfill experience is preferred. Familiarity with radioactivity is a plus
- Facilitate, implement and track required HSSE training, inspection, and monitoring requirements per applicable permit conditions at the landfill and maintain appropriate records.
- Perform spot checks along with periodic full regulatory audits of third-party water treatment facility operator records, files, reports, inspections, trainings, etc. required by various operating and environmental permits, registrations and licenses.
- Oversee inspections related to ASTs (e.g. SPCC & WVDEP AST Act), CAA, CWA, DOT/HazMat and NORM/TENORM compliance.
- Support Corporate Water & Waste Division in working to modify or renew any licenses, permits and operating approvals for treatment and landfill facilities.
- Prepare agency correspondence letters, reports and notifications as necessary.
- Coordinate federal, state or local/municipal agency inspections at facilities.
- Assist in the tracking, modification and strategic implementation of environmental plans and procedures.
- Analyze and advise both internal and external customers of any changes to processes, chemicals or equipment at facilities that may have regulatory impacts.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.