Progressive Global Energy is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to immediately join a global Oil and Gas client for a 9 month contract with the potential to extend/convert to a full-time opportunity!
My client has sustained great stability throughout the downturn and with the Oil and Gas industry picking back up, now is a great time to get in with a leading oilfield services company!
The ideal candidate will suit the following
- Improve supplier quality performance for assigned suppliers via Quality Plan implementation.
- Approve supplier selection through robust qualification processes.
- Assisting key suppliers towards industrial standards of excellence
- Assure supplier compliance to the client's process and regulatory requirements through supplier monitoring process.
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with Global Sourcing Leaders, Supply Chain and Manufacturing Leaders to manage and implement supplier/engineering changes, New Product Introductions, and transfers.
- Interface with Suppliers, Engineering, Service, Manufacturing and Sourcing to drive Quality improvements that minimize the Costs of Quality, specifically Failed on Arrival/Install (FOA/FOI) issues, Field Failures, and Factory defects.
- Assure Corrective and Preventive Action plans are developed and executed at assigned suppliers in compliance with the CAPA process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or other Technical degree with well-established experience in ASME BPVC requirements and manufacturing, or an Associate's Degree with 3 years manufacturing, engineering, or quality assurance experience in BPVC or a High School Diploma with a minimum of four years of ASME BPVC manufacturing experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheet development and analysis and proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Effective problem solving, root-cause analytical skills to lead and influence others to drive change (cross-functionally and globally).
- Expertise in ASME compliant manufacturing processes
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Demonstrated collaboration, negotiation & conflict resolution skills with suppliers
- Excellent oral communication & report-writing skills.
- Fluency in English and in Spanish
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically 10 days / month
If you, or someone you know, fit the requirements above, please apply with your most up to date resume or call Bianca Rennie at 832.900.5923 for more information.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.