We are looking for individuals to create, execute and maintain the product test solution of customers to probe monitoring systems. A variety of embedded test tools and programming languages is used during test development. The role involves working in a multi-disciplinary team to uncover and debug problems during all stages of development.
This will be for an initial 12 month contract role, starting in the next 2-3 weeks..
Skills sought for Contract Test Engineer
Must have :
- Be motivated, goal oriented and able to take ownership of their responsibilities.
- 3-5 years' experience of testing embedded hardware and software
- Thorough knowledge of test automation
- Java, XML, Python, Unix scripting
- Excellent problem solving/debugging skills
- Sound working knowledge of revision control environment
- Experience with defect tracking systems
- Strong interpersonal/relationship skills
- Be able to collaborate and communicate effectively with the team both verbally and in writing
- Have an awareness of the requirement for sensitivity and security
- Honours degree (or above) in a relevant discipline (including: BSc/BEng/MEng in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electronics or Physics)
- Telecoms signalling/protocols knowledge
- Knowledge of IP based communications & mobile networks would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of relational and/or distributed databases
You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance ( Scottish) for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 3 years permanent residency in the UK.
You can call me in the Manchester Progressive offices or find me on Linedin too.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales