Im currently looking for a Senior Wintel Engineer to support a client of mine in a huge implementation project in Perth on a FIFO 6 months contract with a view to extend. The successful candidate will be joining a large technical support team in a huge Wintel environment, providing Wintel support to Project assignments.
Ideally you will have experience providing technical support within a client facing or customer focused environment, including, several years of experience in the implementation and administration of large (300+ user) Microsoft Windows based server environments.
The role is offered as an initial 6 month FIFO contract with an immediate start available.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Build relationships with key customers and internal stakeholders, i.e. Service and Project Managers
- Provide technical leadership for support and project engagements
- Manage vendors for support activities/resolutions
- Incident and problem management as defined by SLAs
- Plan and implement maintenance activities
- Provide input to discussions on system availability, capacity, usability, performance & incidents
- Utilize a long term strategic approach to engage in discussions on roadmaps & service improvement
As a Wintel engineer you will be flexible in working with different clients and performing various roles.
Skills needed for this role:
- Several years of experience in the implementation and administration of large (300+ user) Microsoft Windows based server environments
- Clear and personable communication skills
- Strong problem management / trouble shooting skills
- Strong time management skills
- Commitment to delivery of support to agreed service levels and desired level of quality
- Exposure to ITIL desirable
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience needed to be successful within this position and are happy with the FIFO 3 weeks on 3 weeks off set up please don't hesitate to apply and I will be intouch to discuss the role further.
For more information please speak to Jamie Hanlon at Progressive IT
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018