EHS Supervisor - Hamburg
Position Purpose & Summary
The job holder is responsible for developing , implementing and maintaining an effective and efficient EHS management system. He/she will contribute to the development of business EHS strategy, lead the implementation of the EHS strategy , shaping the site EHS culture and continuously improve EHS performance. He/she will be member of the LMT and demonstrates EHS leadership and capability to provide directions to the management team (LMT) and employees. He/she will possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of EHS standards and practices.
- Supports the business management in developing the EHS strategy and leads efforts to achieve buy-in from internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible to lead the internal fire protection team and be the point of contact for external fire brigade and security service.
- Supports site management in assessing current site EHS risks and defining (potential) impacts on both site license-to-operate and compliance level with local regulations as well as xxx EHS requirements and standards.
- Equips site management with the information and tools they need to accurately represent xxx on EHS topics.
- Stays connected internally and externally to stay informed of recent external EHS matters facing the communities.
- Supports the site management by representing xxx to authorities and communities.
- Responsible to establish an occupational health management system to ensure all occupational health complaints are captured, investigated and solved properly.
- Actively participates in the PRA studies and ensure that risks identified, and related recommendations are well covered in the EHS management system (e.g. ERP) and collaborates with the process safety risk assessment team to complete properly the risk assessment studies and provide sound input on risk identification and management.
- Supports safety assessments like HIRA, SIF assessments, PJHA and the proper documentation.
- Responsible to develop location (annual) programs, plans and processes to execute corporate and business EHS strategy in a manner appropriate to the technology, scope and maturity of the location.
- Supports and collaborates with site functions and site management to define safe work practices, improvement programs; to close gaps and to ensure that EHS elements are embedded into site operating processes.
- Provides support to all line managers to improve the quality of implementation of EHS initiatives and programs.
- Responsible for delivering first-time right-on reporting, implementing of programs and event investigations.
- Responsible to report EHS performance to both internal and external stakeholders (eg yearly report to authorities (BimSchG), incident analysis) and to perform a thorough analysis to identify trends and pro-actively advise on improvement actions including natural resource efficiency report.
- Responsible for establishing a system to ensure all EHS incidents and near misses are registered. He/ she must ensure that accidents are properly investigated, root causes are defined following a structured methodology and learning, and recommendations are identified and implemented.
- Monitors and anticipates changes in the external environment (EHS regulations) and provide recommendations as appropriate.
- Responsible to prepare annual internal audit plan, to conduct audits and to define improvement actions to close the gaps.
- Responsible to prepare and organize all external EHS audits (eg Corp. EHS audit, GRC / FM Global audits, VdS).
- Responsible to prepare and to effectively manage the EHS budget to support site efforts in improving the financial performance.
25% Continuous Improvement
- Builds effective working relationship with key leaders across the site in order to obtain/sustain a strong EHS culture.
- Supports site leaders to promote pro-active workplace EHS practices.
- Develops and implements recognition programs to acknowledge positive behaviors and celebrate success on topics of health and safety.
- Responsible to improve EHS awareness throughout the site organization by providing EHS training (internal and external) and leads by example.
- Responsible for the roll-out of EHS site programs (eg. BBS, road safety, HOP). Acts as program owner to ensure effective implementation and achieves sustainable results.
- Supports both corporate and business EHS strategy and new programs by leading the execution and ensure delivery of value across the site.
10% People Management
- He/she is accountable for the coaching and performance management of direct report.
- Provides tactical functional leadership and coaching across the site on all levels for all functions/teams. Provides input into the strategic workforce planning on site level.
- Supports the People Development (talent management, succession planning.) from EHS perspective and required safety capabilities
- Bachelor's degree, Safety Engineer, SIFA, professional certificate
- Lean SixSigma Green belt
- At least 5 years working experience in an industrial setting and in the EHS area. Has strong knowledge and experience in hazards identification and risk assessment , work permits, LOTOTO, machine guarding, confined spaces, root cause analysis, accident investigation. Experience with contractor safety, process safety management, behavior-based safety programs.
- Knowledge in terms of environmental specifications/pre-requisites
- Knowledge of EHS rules applicable on the site and on country legislation level
- Trained and experienced in the application of structured investigation methods (RCA, 5Y, evtl. Tap Root)
- Mastering IT systems (office and management software, data management software)
- Fluent in German and English language
- Recognizes EHS certification
- Lead changes and to function in ever changing environment which demands timely response to numerous critical issues
- Priority setting
- Motivate others
- Influence others
- Mobilize teams / transversal Management;
- Team player
- Managing others
- Good communicator
- Good listener
- Analytical skills
- Problem solver
- Flexibility , ability to change and adapt
Bitte senden Sie mir Ihren Lebenslauf an f.wagner(at)progressive.de
Ich freue mich.