Do you have a first experience as electrical validation engineer and are you looking for a new challenging career within a company that is market leader in their domain? Than I have good news for you. Currently I'm looking for an electrical validation engineer who will be responsible for validating electronical and software design against the relevant standards of new and existing products.
The company is a reference in their market. They operate in an international environment and are known for their happy employees and customers. You will work for the R&D department with a manager that really knows how to help his employees grow. Beside that you get the chance to work with interesting colleagues who are passionate about their profession.
- Cooperate during the design phase and provide necessary feedback on strong/weak points of the electric/electronic/software design
- Prepare the test plan and test cases for electric/electronic/software validation of the design: starting from a requirement specification, taking into account the design concept (e.g. use of new components, new software platform), prepare the test plans and test cases
- Validate the electric/electronic/software design using in house equipment and external laboratories; check for necessary tolerances in the design to allow easy production
- Take care of calibration of electric/electronic test equipment in the - in house - laboratories
- Participate in certification activities & tests
- Maintain & operate the electrical labo
- Cooperate in establishing the product specification and product documentation (manuals, leaflets)
- Provide maintenance of existing light products during product life cycle
- Build up knowledge of business standards (FAA, ICAO, …) & participate in activities to improve these business standards
- Provide technical support to other departments
- Prospect new technology & new materials / components
- Continuously search for improvement of design & test tools
- Take part in external relations with innovative suppliers, subcontractors, universities, external laboratories and other business fields.
- Take part in securing of intellectual work through the generation of invention disclosures and patents.
- Adhere to all relevant administrative requirements, policies and procedures and respect confidentiality of data and compliance rules.
- Evaluate competitor products, follow up new products in the AGL market
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent by experience)
- Min. 2 years of experience in similar position however graduates Electrical Engineering with relevant activities during their studies can also apply
- Fluent in English (Dutch & French is a real asset)
- Knowledge of electrical digital & analog circuits of the product
- Experience with measurement tools like power analyser, oscilloscope, spectrum analyser
- Familiar with automated regression testing and also GUI testing
- Familiar with load & stress testing of electric, software designs
- Knowledge of international and national standards like CE/EMC/IEC are considered as an asset
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Quality & result driven
- Creative ability - Ability to work independently
- Flexible and coping with changing priorities
- Permanent contract
- A competitive salary
- 32 days holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance & group insurance
- Meal vouchers