The Unix Engineer provides third level support to all Storage, SAN and Servers spanning Linux on VMWare and AIX on P Series across APAC.
This 6 Month initial contract is based in the heart of the CBD where you will be part of the team where people development is one of the focus areas and where your ability to learn new things is more than appreciated.
- Full life cycle management of all Unix and Storage systems in APAC
- Providing third line management and support for the Unix based Operating Systems and Storage systems
- Provide technical excellence and guidance in best practice
- Actively seeking opportunities to improve the processes, technologies and stability of the Unix and storage estate
- Performing routine system maintenance
- Auditing & implementing remediation actions to comply with IT Governance policies and procedures
- Performing root cause problem investigations and implementing remediation
- Ensure compliance with the teams SLA's and measure KPI's ensuring the success of the team
- Support the full project life cycle delivering solutions on time, first time
- Strong knowledge of IBM AIX 6 and above
- Knowledge of Redhat or Linux Operating Systems
- IBM Storage solutions
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Readiness to undertake challenges
Additional competencies (Nice to have)
- SAN fabric knowledge
- ITIL foundation
- Ability to work in virtual and multicultural team's environment
- Previous experience with enterprise IT environments
- Stakeholders management/Service Excellence
- Flexibility with regards to working hours (OnCalls & Overtimes)
How to apply?
If you fit the above requirements and are ready to enter into a unique, fast paced environment then APPLY NOW with a current CV or contact George Hirst from Progressive for more information 02 9285 1000
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018