The business in question are a globally integrated leader in mechanical transmission engineering services and software development. Over the past 15 years they've grown from a collective of experienced and passionate engineers into an international enterprise serving all sectors of the transmission and driveline development industry.
You are applying for the position of Transmission Engineer within the Engineering Services department. The Engineering Services department focuses on consultancy projects from a variety of global customers, ranging from top OEM's to small start-ups with projects that vary drastically in scope and complexity.
The role is based in Nottingham, UK but has a large potential for global travel. All applicants must already be eligible to work in the UK.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will be required to work as part of the rapidly expanding Engineering Services team, undertaking highly technical design and analysis work on a range of transmission systems spanning various industries such as automotive, wind and rail.
A Transmission Engineer would be expected to:
- Support the Technical Lead in all aspects of consultancy projects
- Be responsible for preparation of project deliverables
- Take responsibility for general technical communication with customers
- Ensure that project needs such as the requirement for additional resources are communicated to the Technical Lead
- Delegating appropriate tasks to, and supervising, less experienced colleagues that are working on your assigned projects.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Utilisation of engineering knowledge and a variety of CAE methods to design and develop new mechanical transmission and driveline systems for various industries.
- Construction of complex CAE models, suitable for highly detailed analysis.
- Transmission system and component analysis and optimisation using a variety of CAE methods.
- Generating detailed technical reports suitable for delivery to customers.
- Supporting the software team in the development of the flagship MASTA software by utilising and reporting on the latest software features.
- Assisting the customer support team, using your knowledge of the MASTA software to present to potential customers and assist in answering support requests from existing customers.
- Providing assistance and training to less experienced colleagues.
- Training global customers in the use of the MASTA software, either over web conference or by travelling to customer site for durations usually lasting between 2 days and 2 weeks.
Person Specification: Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate for this position is degree educated with a final qualification of 2:1 or higher in a relevant discipline. At least 2 years' experience with transmission and driveline systems is required. Specialist knowledge with any of the following topics would be extremely beneficial:
- Gear design and analysis
- Casing/Housing design
- Engineering component/system design or analysis
- Transmission Efficiency
Prior experience working with any of the following software packages would be extremely beneficial:
Full UK driving license preferred.
Full MASTA training will be provided to successful candidates that have no prior experience of the software.
Skills and Attributes:
The large variance in project scope means there is considerable change in the size of project teams. To this end, the ideal candidate should be comfortable working within a team of engineering professionals towards a common project goal as well as having the confidence to independently drive a project forward, seeking advice where required. A genuine interest in mechanical systems is essential, along with the drive to constantly develop knowledge and understanding of this specialised field. The following attributes and skills would also be extremely beneficial in this role:
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional time management capabilities, keeping to project deadlines.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues and customers.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales