Progressive Global Energy are currently recruiting for a Tool Technician to work for one of the world's biggest oil and gas companies based in Odessa, TX . If you want to work for an amazing company with very quick progression, apply here. This company is one that is multinational with an annual revenue of $16 billion per annum, they have facilities in over 40 countries worldwide and are one of the frontrunners in their established industry.
Entry Level Position
Shift: Rotation schedule: 11/3 Friday - Sunday, 12 hr shifts 84hr average work week
Location: Odessa, TX
Duration: 6 months, potential for hire
Tool Technician Responsibilities:
Under strict supervision, performs maintenance functions such as repairs on down-hole tools, surface equipment and other production equipment in the application for down-hole tools.
- Mechanically inclined, shop environment, standing on your feet 12 hours a day
- Assembles and disassemble down-hole tools, surface equipment, and other production equipment. Basic computer skills are preferred.
- License to drive commercial equipment may be required.
- Given the nature of oil field service work, the ability to communicate effectively with others is necessary.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division is required.
- Basic reading comprehension and writing skills are required.
- Basic computer skills are preferred.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines. Promotes and takes an active part in the quality improvement process.
- Learns basic repair skills for PSL/sub PSL equipment but not limited to:- Basic skills required in assembly and dis assembly of tools associated with PSL/sub-PSL. -
- HMS processes in accordance with assigned PSL/sub-PSL tool operations. - Ability to operate heavy equipment a plus. - Ability to read and understand tool drawings a plus.
If this is something you would be interested in or know of anyone that would be interested, simply apply here or call 713 423 1646
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.