Our client, a world leading medical device company in North Haven, Connecticut is currently recruiting for an Electromechanical Technician to join their expanding team on a 6 month contract with an opportunity of extension or converting to a permanent position.
We are looking for the ideal canidate to:
* Perform mechanical and electrical testing to evaluate new and existing products.
* Generate and analyze test data, and report results per departmental procedures.
* Create quality and safety related documentation to support validity of test.
* Communicate test related activities and results with multi-disciplinary team members
* Prepare test and verify test equipment is updated with calibration
* Provide input to engineers to assist in the development of test protocols and prototype builds.
* Prepare and operate various lab equipment such as Intron mechanical testers, visual inspection, autoclaves, etc.
Qualifications & Experience required
* A GED or Associates degree in a scientific, technical, or equivalent background is required.
* One or more years experience in medical device product development or equivalent if required.
* Three or more years demonstrated experience and expertise with product testing, test equipment, analysis methodologies and test documentation is required.
* Familiarity with standard test equipment such as Instron, imaging scopes, force gauges, and data loggers is preferred.
* Experience with Measurement Systems, Gauges and Inspection Systems, GD&T, and Gage R&R is desired.
Benefits of working with us…
If you have ability and desire to work among a community of professionals who will both challenge and develop your skill set, then I look forward to hearing from you.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.