A contract position has arisen within the Power Generation business unit in Daventry (Midlands) for an Emissions specialist to cover maternity leave ideally starting in January.
They will be the point of contact for all engine emissions related work so will require a background in testing large engines ideally, as the work is relating to the HHP engines the client produce.
This laboratory test focused position designs or specifies test systems that allow operation of client products in a laboratory environment for engineering evaluation to optimize our product designs. This position also involves the specification, design, implementation, validation and support of test systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, instrumentation, data acquisition and control systems.
- Obtains input and negotiates with product engineers, product validation engineers, and equipment manufacturers and delivers working test systems, processes and documentation to lab operations personnel and product engineers
- Makes decisions in the areas of appropriate technologies, equipment sourcing and quality processes that impact accuracy, reliability, operating cost, and compliance to standards and regulations.
- Applies and improves processes such as test equipment design, maintenance and calibration and tools such as measurement systems analysis, 7 step problem solving, fault tree analysis, and process hazard analysis required to support the processes and enable high quality decision making.
- Acts as a local subject matter expert on specific equipment of sub-systems, providing guidance to less experienced engineers and collaborating on with other sites to drive common processes and tools.
- Provides independent leadership of smaller business impact projects or ownership of complex components, products, systems or services with greater elements of ambiguity over the senior or lead engineer level and with full accountability to the project team.
- Delivers independent execution of established and emerging work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge.
- Leads the development and improvement of work processes and systems across a functional discipline area within a business unit site. - Coordinates and directs work amongst technicians and temporary student employees, assists in the transfer of knowledge to lesser experienced engineers through either indirect (scope of influence) or direct management of a small, local group of engineers.
- Provides support and guidance to influence technical direction within a project team and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role. Operates as a recognized specialist in a discipline or product area within the immediate team.
Measurement Science - Analyzes measurement processes throughout the relevant traceability chain to identify and quantify sources of measurement uncertainty relevant to the appropriate applied measurement science, "Metrology" e.g. Chemical, Dimensional, Electrical, Mechanical, Optical and Radiation and Physical. Product
Function Test System Design - Interprets test equipment specifications from test standards or lab customer requirements; selects and integrates appropriate equipment, instrumentation and software to control boundary conditions and collect measurement data; assesses capability of the lab equipment against the requirements and support infrastructure.
Laboratory Equipment Safety - Evaluates hazards specific to laboratory test equipment that may result from fuels, kinetic energy, toxins, electrical or other risks in the test environment; analyzes risk factors and potential impacts to personnel and property; applies appropriate techniques or safeguards to mitigate risks; collaborates with various laboratory areas to understand risks within a facility or site. Data Quality - Identifies, understands and corrects flaws in data that supports effective information governance across operational business processes and decision making.
Function Based Product Testing of "X" - Selects appropriate equipment and techniques to operate the product and record operational data in a hardware or software based testing environment most often required as part of a product verification or validation plan; evaluates quality and validity of measurement data; analyzes test results using accepted standards to characterize product capabilities in alignment with the requirements of the engineer responsible for making product decisions.
Education, Licenses, Certifications: College, university, or equivalent degree in Engineering Technology is required. Equivalent Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline area may be required for select roles.
Experience: - Prior Senior or Lead Engineer equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving and quality decision making. - Knowledge of
MS Office tools is preferred.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales