Test Automation Engineer
- 6 month contract likely to extend
- Sydney CBD location
- 700 - 770 per day inclusive of super
Investigating the replacement of a clearing/settlement system for one of our clients, with a distributed ledger technology solution. The project is seeking to build highly automated, best in breed test frameworks, and is seeking highly talented, motivated individuals to join its project team.
What you'll do:
- Create and maintain an extensive suite of automation test artefacts/scripts written in Cucumber (feature files) for test specifications, and Java for text fixture code, to be executed via a data driven test automation framework currently under development.
- Configure Bamboo jobs and related scripts for over-all test scenario orchestration, scheduling and results reporting for automated test runs, for multiple target environments.
- Work as part of an agile team - extensive collaboration required with BAs, other testers, and software developers from both client side and technology partners/vendors.
What you've done:
- Has written Automated Test scripts, utilising a BDD approach using common test frameworks, such as Cucumber or similar etc. Ideally for Linux based target environments, with an emphasis on testing of server-side / back-end, message driven systems
- Core Java programming - experience developing automated test scripts for system under test, familiar with asynchronous event handling, object-oriented programming principles and common patterns etc
- Has experience in testing large scale back-end systems
- General Linux / bash / shell (or similar) scripting
- XML - basic knowledge of XML schema's, XML message parsing
- SQL query writing / basic database skills
- In depth experience in System and System Integration Testing
- Ability to work within an agile team using Scum methodologies
- Experience working within a CI/CD environment
- Ability to solve problems independently in a timely manner
- Delivery focussed - demonstrated track record of seeing projects through to completion, whatever challenges arise
- Strong communication & collaboration skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Experience working with SBE methodologies
- Finance / exchange systems - knowledge of cash equity markets post trade processes (clearing, settlement) and systems highly regarded
- General knowledge of cash equities / capital markets
- Experience using the Atlassian product stack (GIT, JIRA, Bamboo)
- Experience with other programming languages (eg C#/.NET) and operating systems (eg Windows, Linux)
If you would like to hear more please apply now.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018