Job title: Technician OR Associate Scientist in Vaccine
- The Vaccine Technology group is a part of the Viral Vaccine department of Janssen Vaccines & Prevention (JVP) and investigates alternative vaccine vectors and platforms (both viral and non-viral) to complement our in-house Adenoviral based platform. In addition, the team collaborates with other groups in JVP to maintain and improve the AdVac technology that forms the basis of JVP's vaccine portfolio. The team also uses Phage-display technology enabling selection of antibodies that bind specific (viral) antigens. The VT group consists of enthusiastic, technology driven scientists who find a challenge in improving and innovating vaccine vectors that form the basis of future vaccine candidates aimed to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases.
- We are looking for a temporary all-round technician that can immediately contribute to the diverse projects at hand. As an experienced technician (Associate Scientist level), you will be working under the supervision of a senior scientist on a program to investigate the production, transgene expression and stability of a novel, viral vaccine vector derived from vaccinia virus. Activities within the projects are dynamic and are determined based on the flow of the project.
Expected activities include but are not limited to:
- Cell culturing
- Viral assays (plaque assay, PCR, neutralization)
- Molecular techniques such as cloning, DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, sequencing (Sanger and NGS)
- Western blotting
- Enzymatic assays
- Production/purification of recombinant viral vectors
- BSc in relevant background
- Must have minimal 1 years working experience with one or more of the mentioned methods
- Must have demonstrable experience in molecular biology, cell culture, viral assays.
- Experience with protein analyses such as ELISA, FACS or BioLayer Interferometry are a plus
- English fluent, Dutch not.
- Written and oral communication skills in English.
- Eager to learn, problem solving oriented
- Highly accurate in practical work
- Dynamic, flexible, open and research focused demeanor
For more information, and to apply, please send an email with your most recent CV + Cover letter to: j.vanbaalen(@)progressive-nl.com