For our client in Leiden, J&J, we are looking for a motivated entry level technician (Assistant Scientist) with a strong background in microbiology (MLO level, no BAs, MAs, PhDs).
The microbiological analyst is responsible for carrying out tests on samples of raw materials, intermediate and end products for release or stability studies. The analyst is able to execute all provisions independently. In addition, he / she performs all necessary administrative actions that are necessary for the approval of products and raw materials.
Tasks and Responsibilities
* Performing Microbiological analyzes:
* Work according to GMP / GcLP guidelines;
Perform routine microbiological analyses, including:
* Clean streak for the identification of micro-organisms
* Growth promotion test
* Environmental monitoring of clean-rooms and water systems
* Other tests for the water systems (TOC, Conductivity and nitrate)
* (Independent) assessment of the result obtained, in case of deviations report these to the lab head of microbiology or QC manager.
Administrative processing of results and regulations:
* Accurately process and report analysis results (in LIMS);
* Contribute to the optimisation of analysis methods, test validation, suitability testing and work processes;
* Participate in projects;
Performing extra (general and specific) activities such as:
* General laboratory work;
* Inventory administration and placing orders for laboratory supplies;
* Assessing the implemented provisions;
* Writing and working on deviations (including OOS);
* Other (activities indicated by the management).
MLO level with microbiology specialisation;
Relevant and recent practical microbiological laboratory experience is desirable;
Knowledge of GMP;
Knowledge of the Dutch and English language in word and writing.
Knowledge of safety regulations
Affinity with pharmacy.
Personal & Professional Skills
Knowledge of MS-Office and LIMS;
Work accurately, accurately and efficiently;
Inquisitive and open to improvements and changes;
Proactive / initiative, independent and result oriented;
Good communication skills in word and writing
If this position is something that you want to do, and if you believe you have the right qualifications and experience required for the role, please do not hesitate and send us an e-mail with your most recent CV and short motivation letter to: j.vanbaalen(@)progressive-nl.com