Job Title - Technician (Assistant Scientist) DSP
Janssen Vaccines is committed to developing first-in-class or best-in-class vaccines for some of the world's most life-threatening infectious diseases. We have built a dedicated, world-class, multi-functional team across a variety of disciplines to develop a promising vaccines pipeline. In Leiden, we have a workforce of 700 scientists and support staff, 45% of our employees has a nationality other than Dutch with over 20 nationalities represented. We partner with many of the world's leading experts, academic and clinical institutions and other pharmaceutical companies for the development of vaccines against, for example, Ebola and HIV.
About the company:
In our organization entrepreneurial people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are the central points. In order to strengthen our team we are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen Vaccines.
The job & what will be expected from you:
Process development consists of a USP and a DSP department and is responsible for the development of scalable, pharmaceutical-grade production processes for viral vaccines using mammalian cell lines as a production platform. Novel technologies are used to make sure that the processes are safe, reliable, scalable and cost-effective, so that the vaccines can be produced in large quantities at low costs. The developed production processes are transferred into GMP production facilities for the production of clinical batches and scaled-up for commercial production. All activities are performed in close collaboration with other departments. J&J is looking for a:
- Motivated Assistant Scientist or Engineer within the field of downstream process development (DSP).
- Technician who can work under limited supervision, but as part of a team you will plan, prepare and execute scientific studies.
- Candidate who has experience in and with typical unit operations including filtration, chromatography and UF/DF. Experiments may be performed on pilot scale or in reduced-scale models.
- Candidate with a BSc degree, who can work accurately with quality, efficiency, and reliability.
- Candidate who speaks English Fluently. English is a must, Dutch is not. The team is very international, thus Dutch is not as important (although always a plus).
- Preferably 2 years experience.
If this position is something that you want to do, and if you believe you have the right qualifications and experience required for the role, please do not hesitate and send us an e-mail with your most recent CV and short motivation letter to: j.vanbaalen(@)progressive-nl.com