Janssen vaccines and prevention is a bio tech company that focuses on the development, production and marketing of vaccines, recombinant proteins and antibodies to prevent and combat infectious and other diseases.
Within Janssen talented, entrepreneurial people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are the central points. In order to strengthen our team we are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen.
Job: Cell Culture Group Technician
The QCD labs Cell Culture group is part of the Analytical Development Department of the Pharmaceutical and Analytical Development sector. The QCD department is responsible for the release and stability testing as well as the corresponding reporting of Janssen's virus and antibody products for use in clinical trials and the analytical support of the pilot plant activities.
Within the Cell Culture group cells are cultured and seeded for assay and release testing purposes. Various cell lines are maintained, including cell banking activities, optimising culturing and development of new cell lines.
The usage of the cells is for various molecular biological assays within GMP, GLP and development studies.
Also various release assays are performed by the team as they consist mostly of cell culture activities.
I am looking for a motivated technician who enjoys working in a multidisciplinary team.
Your main tasks will be:
- Culturing cells for all purposes described above
- Interpretation of test results of assays performed
- Reviewing of work performed by colleagues
- Maintaining GMP status of all activities within the cell culture laboratory
- Having close contact with customers
The technician is involved in all aspects of the cell culture team. Documentation and Quality (GMP) and efficiency improvements are important factors within Analytical Development
* MLO, affinity with medical products and experience with quality and laboratory systems such as GMP, SAP and LIMS are strong advantages.
* Experience with cell culture and/or molecular biological assays.
* Experience with lab activities in a GMP environment or similar, where documentation plays a major role, is considered as a plus.
If this position is something that you want to do, and if you believe you have the right qualifications and experience required for the role, please do not hesitate and send us an e-mail with your most recent CV and short motivation letter to: j.vanbaalen(@)progressive-nl.com