A fast growing Retail company in Plano, TX is looking for a Systems Engineer to join their expanding team.
Are you an experienced Systems Engineer looking for the next challenge? Then this could be what you have been looking for.
What will you be doing?
- Providing team leadership and mentoring junior members of the team
- Developing project resource estimates
- Evaluating and recommending emerging technologies
- Managing problem resolution and escalations
- Communicating and collaborating to stakeholders and team members
- Analyzing trends to provide predictive/proactive root cause analysis
- Researching and recommending alternative actions for problem resolution with minimal direction
- Participating in system testing and implementation of components
- Ensuring functional and technical integrity of infrastructure designs
- SOX/PCI Compliance, to keep the servers in compliance and re-mediate issues to Compliance Team
You must be able to …
We are looking for someone with Unix, Solaris, AIX migration experience - someone with experience with roadmapping and strategy for Unix Legacy migration.
What skills/experience should you have?
- Familiar with different monitoring tools (Splunk, Wily, Team quest, Net cool, etc.)
- Familiar with filesystems gfs2 (Linux) and gpfs (AIX)
- Scripting abilities, (Perl, bash, python, etc.)
- Experience in Oracle Space Walk and/or Red Hat Satellite for patching automation.
- 12 years or more of Linux Experience - Red Hat (RHEL) / Oracle (UEK) - 6.x or 7.x - Building, Security Hardening, Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting.
- 2-3 years of AIX 6.x and 7.x - Building, Security Hardening, Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting.
- 2-3 years of Solaris 10 - Building, Security Hardening, Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting
- Migration of apps from Solaris & AIX platform
- 2 years working knowledge in building and troubleshooting on Oracle RAC Cluster on virtual systems.
- 1 year working knowledge in building and troubleshooting on Red Hat Clusters on virtual systems.
- 2-3 years' Experience in working with Venter virtual servers, migrating hosts and data stores, creating servers via cloning or by ISO image.
Why work with us?
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- Health Advocate
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent care flexible spending account
- Commuter benefits
- Life AD&D Insurance
- Short-term disability coverage
- Long-term disability coverage
- Group accident
- Group Critical illness
- 401 (k) retirement plan
Who will you be working for?
You will be working within a Retail company out of Plano, Texas.
With such diverse environment, you will be supported whilst working for an equal opportunity employer. You are sure to be working for a company who will recognise and reward you for your talent and commitment.
If you have ability and desire to work among a community of professionals who will both challenge and develop your skillset, then we want to hear from you.
Get in touch, today!
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.