My client is a house hold name in a global market place and current require a skilled System Engineer to join their infrastructure team in Macquarie Park. You role will ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the information systems that support core organisational functions. This newly created role is a rare find on a 6 month initial contract in their stunning Macquarie Park office.
The Systems Engineer's role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the information systems that support core organisational functions. You will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximise the benefit of IT systems investments. This role provides level 2/3 support, escalations and troubleshoot to end users across Australia.
- Assisting with the daily IT support for the company.
- Supporting our Network Systems
- Create and manage Knowledge Base System (KBS)
- Maintains hardware & software.
- End to End project work
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field.
- Testing of POS systems
- Proven working experience in the above fields including installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux based environments.
- Scripting skills
- Networking knowledge
- AWS cloud experience
- Ability to successfully and efficiently monitor systems.
- Experience with automation software
- Knowledge of LAN technologies including routers, firewall, TCP/IP, Windows with focus on networking.
- Hands-on experience diagnosing problems with PC hardware.
- Ability to work in a team-orientated, collaborative environment on projects and troubleshooting.
How to Apply
If you have the above experience and are looking to dive into a new challenge then APPLY NOW with an up-to-date CV for immediate consideration or contact George Hirst from Progressive for more information 02 9285 1000.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018