I am currently looking for three PLC engineers to join a leading company in the Cheshire area, this is an initial 6 month contract with possible chances of extension.
Summary of main purpose of the job:
The design and implementation of PLC Control Systems and related software / hardware engineering activities for a variety of industrial control system applications. The candidate should have proven experience in mainstream PLC Systems in particular Schneider products. This role is site based as part of Capula's existing team in Cheshire.
- Development of PLC system design and options from customer requirements
- Provide design input to development of system wide generics
- PLC programming of control systems from given designs (in particular Schneider Unity platform)
- Involvement throughout whole software/systems life cycle, from design through coding to testing, installation and configuration, and documentation (working throughout to full QA procedures).
- Working within project team to customer deadlines
- Being part of a Commissioning Team and undertaking site commissioning activities.
- Installation and configuration/testing work at customer site
- Engineering / Computer related or appropriate engineering qualification (degree/HND) or comparable industrial experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience expectation to fulfil requirements of this post.
- Working knowledge of Schneider Unity Platform
- Good client facing skills, must be able to work as part of combined client/contractor team
- Knowledge of PLC system design lifecycle
- Previous Commissioning experience.
- Willingness to travel and work away
- Must be able to attain UK Security Clearance
- Driving licence
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, then please get in touch with an up to date CV and I will contact you promptly.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales