For a growing company based in Utrecht I am looking for a System Engineer.
This company offers a unique, full-service of Enterprise Performance management & Analytics services - from advisory through implementation to operations. They are recognised as one of the most capable and experienced in Western Europe.
Right now they are looking for a System Engineer to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot the rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
The person fulfilling this role will report directly to the Team Leader. The System Engineer will take guidance and coaching from the Team Leader for day-to-day activities and will work as a member of the team. The System Engineer will work collaboratively with Service Desk team, Network Team, Application Support Team, Security Team and Consulting teams in the Netherlands and various other entities.
The ideal candidate is proactive, has excellent communication skills and already has extensive System Engineering experience having worked in enterprise and/or hosting environments. You follow the procedures and processes making sure the Technical Services activities runs as smooth and effective as possible. You work independently and as a team member on tasks, developments and project.
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support, solving of incidents, troubleshooting and customer support.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems and infrastructure
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Maintain security, backup and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design and implementation of operational systems
- Liaise with vendors and other Technical Services employees for problem resolution
- Communicate with customers during incident management, projects and changes
- Participate in a standby scheme 24x7, once per 6 weeks, assisting other teams
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant professional certifications
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support
- MCSA certification
- MCSE certification
- VMWare Certified Professional Certification (5/6)
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows server based environments
- Experience with VMware ESXi & Virtual Center Server
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Basic scripting skills (e.g. shell scripts, PowerShell, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Basic networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Experience with ITIL processes
- Experience with automation software (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Flexible (no 9 to 5 mentality)
- Living in the Netherlands (Utrecht area preferred)
- Valid EU work permit
At this company, they love technology and embrace world leading processes in an ever-changing market and combine them with modern implementation methods. They work agile, are dynamic, they can make decisions fast and do not hesitate to implement these decisions. Your opinion matters here. The people make the company, and that is something you see here everywhere. Are you excited to delevop yourself and the company growth? Do you take ownership, responsibility and do you create opportunities? And are you looking for a company that will invest in you and in your career? Then I am looking for you!
If you want to get in touch, then please do so via k.grims @ progressive-nl.com or via 020-5305800