I currently have an urgent requirement for a System Administrator for an initial 3 month contract for a client in the FMCG space in Melbourne CBD starting ASAP.
The IBM iSeries, AS / 400 Systems Administrator will be primarily responsible for the maintenance and administration of IBM iSeries (servers, multiple partitions), including message handling, command line utilities, work management, job and print control, device management, system configuration, system security, backup and restore, file transfer integration and PTF management. Experience with change management tools helpful.
Experience needed and day to day tasks for this role include:
* At least 5 years of hands-on experience supporting IBM iSeries
* Assist in daily administration of IBM iSeries computer hardware and software.
* Assist in installation, configuration and maintenance of IBM iSeries hardware, software, networked devices, journaling, and IBM iAccess software.
* Develop, document and maintain procedures for system utilities such as backup/restore, performance tuning and configuration of environments as well as incremental backups as required.
* Load and test operating system and application software releases and fixes in both development/test and productions environments; load application software patches; performance and file tuning utilities.
* Document and implement application specific security groups and classes. Provide cross-training for other team members in the use of IBM I administrative skills.
Skills / knowledge needed include:
* Knowledge of IBM iSeries system administration and troubleshooting.
* Knowledge of IBM iSeries networked systems, access and security guidelines and procedures.
* Understanding of internal controls and change management processes.
* Skill in solving technically challenging problems involving IBM iSeries based application and hardware issues.
* Working knowledge of CL and RPG programming languages is preferred.
For more information please speak to Jamie Hanlon at Progressive IT
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018