Progressive Global Energy is leading international Recruitment Company providing both temporary and permanent recruitment solutions to clients within the Energy Sector.
From our Dubai office, we are currently looking for Surveyor to work on a solar power project in the Middle East in an international EPC. This will be a 6 to 12 months extendable contract working with an international EPC client.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Bachelor's degree program in surveying or a related major
- At least 3 years of experience as Surveyor in EPC projects
- A proficiency level of English will be required. Spanish, Chinese, or Arabic shall be welcomed.
- Excellent science, maths and engineering skills. Ability to analyse and interpret graphical data, excellent communication, negotiating and presentation skill.
The Surveyor will be responsible for:
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
- Coordinate findings with the work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects.
- Adjust surveying instruments in order to maintain their accuracy.
- Establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments.
- Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas, using theodolites, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS).
- Train assistants and helpers, and direct their work in such activities as performing surveys or drafting maps.
- Analyze survey objectives and specifications in order to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation.
- Compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data in order to determine positions, shapes, and elevations of geomorphic and topographic features.
- Develop criteria for survey methods and procedures.
- Develop criteria for the design and modification of survey instruments.
The project is due to run for another 3 years and is ideally suited to a Surveyor that could join at short notice although the client could wait a month.
Should this be of interest, please apply online for our team to get back in touch.
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.