My client, an upstream Oil and Gas Company is currently looking for a Supply Chain Specialist to join their team located in Houston, Texas. This will be a contract position with the possibility of extension once the contract is over.
The successful candidate will have strong sourcing and contracting skills and will be expected to work in a team atmosphere supporting a variety of category needs.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Provide sourcing and contracting support across assigned categories
- Negotiate legal and commercial terms that achieve optimal business results
- Evaluate proposals with the business partner to identify the best solution instead of the ideal technical solution or lowest price
- Identify key contract risks and the associated mitigation strategies
- Ensure compliance with legislative regulations and corporate policies/procedures
- Complete Lean training and promote innovation and continual process improvement throughout GSC
- 10 years professional level work experience in Supply Chain.
- A strong contracting background, negotiation skills, and attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Distribution or related degree is strongly desired
- Oil and Gas experience
- Experience with an Exploration and Production company is a plus.
If you have the relevant experience for the position apply with your most recent resume and I will contact you by phone.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.