For one of our clients we are looking for a Sr Servicedesk Professional for a very nice and ambitious position in Germany.
Main tasks Service and Support employee
You are primarily responsible for analyzing and solving complex problems in a skilled global decentralized Service Desk setting. You advise and support employees with IT related issues as service requests, incidents, problems and changes. You provide support by phone, email and in many cases by remote control. You register and process the tickets within our IT Service Management ticket Tool.
You are able to recognize a pattern in incidents to identify problems. You will work as a problem owner, monitor the progress of incidents, service requests and changes (also those you have routed to (external) colleagues) and keep the business informed about status and progression. You are also the link to specialists at 2nd level support, operations and suppliers. You are the representative of IT in the region.
You will be based in Belm-Icker and will be required to visit other sites in the area.
The main activities:
- Intake (by Phone, mail or walk in), analysis and resolution.
- Create Knowledgebase articles and keep them up-to-date
- Incident Management
- Change management
- Service requests
- Problem Management
- Participation in projects
- Serving as key contact for on-site, remote users support and IT solution groups
- Perform issue resolution utilizing remote control tools and/or visiting the desk
- Hardware delivery, setup and maintenance
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers
What we expect from you?
- Education and working level: bachelor/ Associates Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in similar position in ICT; experience administering various IT systems, including desktop and laptop systems (Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Office, anti-virus, network setup of workstations), software applications and other network related services
- Ability to work independent in a virtual team; Team player and supporting colleagues
- Excellent communication & customer service skills, result oriented, analytic, structured and process oriented.
- Thorough knowledge of (end-user) hardware and software, broad knowledge of modern networking and operating systems and Microsoft end user productivity software (e.g. Office365)
- Languages: English and German; French, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese are a pre.
- ITIL Foundations is a pre; MCSA certified is pre;
- Strong troubleshooting skills