Location: Sugar Land Texas 77478
Employment Type: One month probation period. Contract may be extended for 6 months.
- Application Engineers are responsible for the development efforts for software applications for electrical utilities. This includes, analyze, evaluate and design advanced applications to monitor, analyze, optimize, and control, and simulate electrical power network, smart grid, and distributed energy resources.
- Typical tasks assigned to power system programmers include: design and develop modeling, mathematical algorithms, and complex application software and apply advanced computer programming, analytical techniques and user experience strategies to effectively meet requirements and resolve problems.
- Act as principal investigator or lead to investigate problems, develop solutions and prepare recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Decision Science, Industrial Engineering or related field including quantitative analysis.
- Knowledge and experience working with power system modeling and simulation, analysis and operation, optimization and numerical analysis methodology.
- Proficiency / experience with programming languages utilizing C/C++, MATLAB, Java, Python, FORTRAN.
- Experience with Linux and Windows development environments.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.