Software Development Lead - 6 month contract - Melbourne Northern Suburbs
Progressive, in partnership with one of our clients are actively on the lookout for an experienced Software Development Lead who has demonstrable experience in leading and coaching a software development team.
The Software Development Lead will be across a number of different projects that are newly being implemented into the company. You will also be responsible for liaising with various different team members so strong communication skills are required. The client are looking for someone who can come in and hit the ground running as well as someone who can take initiative and lead a team successfully across the SDLC.
Role: Software Development Lead
Location: Melbourne Northern Suburbs
Tenure: 6 month contract
Essential skills and requirements:
- Degree in computer science or information systems
- Demonstrable experience leading and coaching software development teams across the SDLC including development, test, UAT and release
- Proven ability implementing effective Agile toolsets, techniques and practices to support consistent and predictable outcomes
- Serve as the software engineering/development leader and technical authority with ability to estimate effort and cost across work packages
- Working knowledge of the following development frameworks;
- Manging and overseeing the design and development of software applications and oversight of outsourced partners
- Capability in the following programming languages;
- Technical experience of SQL and relational database concepts such as PostgresSQL and Firebird
- Capability working within in a Linux and Cloud environment application and database performance tuning
Ideally you will be someone who has extensive working experience as a Software Development Lead, be able to take initiative and implement new techniques and processes where appropriate.
Additionally, you will be someone who likes a challenge and can comfortably bring together a team to achieve set outcomes with minimal to no supervision.
Benefits to you:
- Competitive daily rate
- Work for a leading logistics company based in Melbourne's North
- Work with a collaborative and supportive team
- Exposure to some of the newest technologies and projects
How to apply For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Jodene White on 0416 694 546
PLEASE NOTE: You must have full working rights in Australia to apply for this role (PR or citizenship).
Sthree Australia is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.