Progressive IT are working with a global marketing company to build out their Site Reliability Engineering team in Sydney.
This role is for a Site Reliability Engineer, someone who is passionate about automating and scaling systems and who lives, eats and breathes solving problems related to mission-critical services.
- Site Reliability Engineer
- Permanent Opportunity
- Sydney CBD
- Global Marketing Company
- $130,000 - $150,000 base + super + benefits
What you will be responsible for:
- Own end-to-end availability and performance and solve problems relating to mission critical services
- Build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions
- Liaise heavily with and feedback to product teams
- Code and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of existing services.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
- Measure, report and feedback on events and alert on critical issues.
- Create and update documentation.
- 5+ years development experience in C#
- Experience with SQL and/or ElasticSearch, Cassandra
- Strong scripting skills
- Experience with command line
- 3+ years as AWS experience
- Experience with CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience with Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Knowledge of network protocols (HTTP, TCP) through to webserver (IIS, nginx)
- The ability to significantly improve web application performance.
- Experience with TCP/IP and UDP networking and troubleshooting
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field
Nice to have:
- Java, Microservices, GO
To learn more, please contact Adam Wilkinson for a confidential discussion on 02 9285 1010 and click APPLY!
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018