Site Engineer (Mechanical)
Working as a member of a tight-knit team, this is an opportunity for you to use your product, application and engineering knowledge to holistically manage conveyor products throughout their life from concept, design, manufacture through to the application and use of the product. This will be an initial 6 month contract, going into a permanent position.
You will be responsible for measuring and monitoring conveyor systems on site, analysing and evaluate the existing process and develop recommendations that will minimise risks, costs, wastage, increase yields, productivity and improve quality.
- Monitoring and measuring conveyor belt systems on site
- Responsible for project management and ensure flexibility while working on projects with other clients
- Analyse and improve conveyor performance to reduce costs and maximise quality
- Prepare monthly and weekly reports to track progress on conveyor performance
- Ensure the company's activities comply with relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain key business relationships with existing and potential clients
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated knowledge of conveyor systems; conveyor components, belt maintenance or belt splicing, including rubber lining.
- 2 years' experience managing projects from scope to completion
- 5 years' experience working in a mining; manufacturing or conveyor industry
- Basic tender response management experience
- Ability to complete manual engineering calculations
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018