I have a requirement for a Service Support Engineer for a 12 month contract in Kent.
Rate: £30-32 per hour
Working within the Product Design and Implementation team to support in the delivery of a turnkey project to a confidential client. Providing gensets for bespoke small scale power stations across the UK. This 1 year initial contract does have scope for extension for the right candidate. Essentially this Service Engineer will be working to resolve the issues that are reported into the Chief Engineers team based in Kent by liaising with and technically supporting each of these sites. Travel will be essential in this role.
This dual product/customer focused position acts as technical liaison between the field service organization and the Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing organizations to proactively identify, define, and prioritize product issues and to implement both short-term and long-term solutions."
- Field Investigation and Support
- Gathers and communicates technical information, both internally and externally, between technical problem solvers and the service channel about product or process related issues by using proven problem-solving techniques so that issues get resolved quickly and to customers' satisfaction.
- Technical Service Information
- Creates the information necessary for the service channel to efficiently and effectively troubleshoot and repair product to maximize customer uptime.
- Product Serviceability Requirements and Review
- Structures and publishes procedures that technicians follow to safely repair and maintain products, whilst ensuring repairable components are accessible.
- Product Failure Reporting and Corrective/Preventive Action Systems
- Defines and leads a process to record, prioritize, and resolve product failures using cross-functional reviews, rigorous problem solving methods, failed parts transfer processes, data management tools, and project management practices to effectively and efficiently improve the reliability of the product.
- Product Problem Solving - Solves product problems using a process that protects the customer; determines the assignable cause; implements robust, data-based solutions; and identifies the systemic root causes and recommended actions to prevent problem reoccurrence.
Skills, Experience, and Education Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in engineering is preferred
- either mechanical or electrical
- Understanding of low and medium voltage power systems, engine driven generators, electrical control systems, pumps, heaters.
- The candidate should have a history of hands on problem solving, troubleshooting, re-wiring, and basic mechanical experience.
- The candidate should have a history of using AutoCAD or another CAD based design tool.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales