- Sydney based
- $975 + super
Ensure operational security by managing effective business relationship with the external SOC provider; ensure data and systems remain safe and that potential threats and incidents are effectively addressed. Monitor applications to identify a possible cyber-attack or intrusion (event) and determine if it is a real, malicious threat (incident), and respond to mitigate and remove security risks.
- Strong business partnering: ability to engage, interact, influence, and be a trusted and credible internal adviser
- Change Leadership - agile, manages stakeholders expectations, brings together people, process and technology change in a fast paced operating environment
- Ability to work through ambiguity and complexity
- Well organised with effective written and verbal communication skills
- Lead, develop & engage people and teams
- Externally connected within business & technology communities
Qualification & Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Security or a related field
- CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- CISM: Certified Information Security Manager
- ISO 27001/27002, ITIL and COBIT frameworks * Strategies and practices for security architecture.
- Auditing and risk assessment methodologies
- Applicable privacy and security laws, regulations and standards.
- Sysadmin skills (Linux/Mac/Windows); relevant programming and scripting skills
- Security certifications from industry recognised bodies (such as Forensic Analyst, Forensic Examiner, etc)
- 7+ years experience developing, implementing and assuring IT security
- Network security architecture development and definition
- Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems
- Perimeter security controls - firewall, IDS/IPS, network access control and network segmentation
- Router, switch and VLAN security; wireless security
- Security concepts related to DNS, routing, authentication, VPN, proxy services and DDOS mitigation technologies
- Familiar with using data visualisation tools and penetration testing tools
- Experienced in problem and incident management
- Demonstrated effective outsource relationship management If you are interested in this role and believe you have the skills required, please respond with an updated CV
How to apply
If you are interested in this role and believe you have the skills required, please respond with an updated CV. Due to the likelihood of a high response rate, I will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018