My client is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with experience in working with high volume transactional websites to join our Site Operations team on a 12 month initial contract. This role operates in a fast moving Agile/DevOps environment with a product and platforms that are growing and changing rapidly.
- Manage a ~2000 server high volume transactional environment across both AWS and self-hosted Ganeti/KVM environments
- Work with Engineering teams to improve the operational readiness of product features. Be the gate keepers of production, raise awareness of potential risks to production stability.
- Become part of a weekly PagerDuty based On Call rotation with our other engineers, responding to the occasional major incident that needs your help to resolve.
Key Skills / Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications
- At least 2 years' experience in a Senior Systems Engineer role
- Experience managing a complex system ~200+ server environment (E.g. More complex than load balancer → frontend → backend → database)
- Strong Linux Systems Administration skills - RedHat, CentOS
- Application & Web server skills - Tomcat/Java, Apache\Nginx
- Scripting, Coding and configuration management skills with the likes of Puppet, Bash, Python
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to work in a complex environment and handle dependencies across multiple teams
- A strong work ethic, the ability to keep complex tasks organised, and an amazing attention to detail
Nice to Have
- Detailed knowledge of web application architecture and infrastructure
- Experience with AWS
- Exposure to continuous delivery pipelines and their associated environments and including Bamboo/Jenkins, Bitbucket, Rundeck environments.
- Experience with AWS Cloudformation
- Experience with Load Balancers, HaProxy/Nginx.
- Postgres operational experience
How to apply
Simply APPLY NOW with an up-to-date CV for immediate consideration.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018