A fast growing telecommunications company in Bellevue, WA is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer/Cloud Engineer to join their expanding team.
Are you an experienced Systems Engineer looking for the next challenge? Then this could be what you have been looking for.
What will you be doing?
- Manage the availability, scalability and efficiency of CenturyLink Cloud Platform by engineering reliability into software and systems
- CenturyLink Cloud Platform ownership relating to technical issues involving all current and future cloud platform technologies.
- Review and influence new and evolving design, architecture, standards, and methods for massive cloud scale.
- Automate data driven compute and storage system performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting.
- Integrate with the rest of the team, engineers, product owners, and executives to deliver on the automation that runs the cloud.
- Work a daily schedule that has been established through the team, and cover periodic on-call duty.
You must be able to …
- Automation experience and mindset using PowerShell, Python, or other high-level scripting language for deployment and management of VMware infrastructure
- Engineering-level (not just operations/support) experience designing and deploying current VMware technologies (vSphere 6.0+), VSAN, NSX.
What skills/experience should you have?
Information Technology Experience with specialization in one or more of the following:
- Storage infrastructure, and support for large-scale production environments
- Working in critical service production environments.
- Experience with Microsoft and Linux operating systems and VMWare.
- Solid experience with scripting including, but not limited to, Python and PowerShell.
- Strong technical knowledge of storage operations under virtualization platforms
- Understanding of storage performance characteristics and how to tune and resolve them
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills and the ability to secure results through others.
- High degree of initiative and dependability
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with peers, engineers as well as senior management and customers.
- Experience managing multiple, simultaneous, significant projects and initiatives.
- Passionate about providing high quality customer experiences and learning new technologies
Why work with us?
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- Health Advocate
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent care flexible spending account
- Commuter benefits
- Life AD&D Insurance
- Short-term disability coverage
- Long-term disability coverage
- Group accident
- Group Critical illness
- 401 (k) retirement plan
Who will you be working for?
You will be working within a telecommunications company out of Bellevue, Washington.
With such diverse environment, you will be supported whilst working for an equal opportunity employer. You are sure to be working for a company who will recognise and reward you for your talent and commitment.
If you have ability and desire to work among a community of professionals who will both challenge and develop your skill set, then we want to hear from you.
Get in touch, today!
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.