About the company:
As a results of ongoing and continued successes both within Malaysia and internationally, this global leader within the Oil & Gas Engineering Services company is recruiting a Structural Engineer to join their Malaysia project team.
About the job:
Responsible for range of business critical task Including:
- Lead a team of engineers and designers in carrying out detailed engineering work for large sized projects assuming entire responsibility for conceptual and detailed design and provide necessary technical information for procurement in compliance with tender specifications/data sheets and within budgeted man-hour and project schedules.
- Review ITB (Invitation To Bid) documents submitted in the proposals stage, issue inquiry requisitions, review techno-commercial vendor offers, prepare equipment, material and man-hour estimates.
- Establish engineering deliverables for earth works, concrete works, steel works, road works and other related civil works
- Review contract requirements for project execution, organize the preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR), identify requirements and scope of work; review specifications, Plot plans, General Arrangement (GA) drawings, Review Philosophies, Area Classification Drawings, Fire and Gas Detector Layout Drawings and other relevant documents.
- Establish contract review criteria, identify and resolve discrepancies and divergences from original proposal through the instigation of technical queries to projects/client.
To succeed in this role you must possess the following skills & experience:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or any relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum 8 years working experience in the oil & gas services and construction organization.
- Must have an experience in EPCC/HUC projects.
- An ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner.
- Willing to work on multiple location including offshore assignment.
- Have involved in handling tender preparation is an added advantage
Please Note: Must be willing to base in Malaysia for approximately 1 year and mobilise to Saudi Arabia on the project site through the project.
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.