THE COMPANY An award winning US Tech Company that is renowned not only for their high-performance and market-leading software, but also for their work environment, office culture, staff retention and rewards packages. The company have had a presence in Australia for nearly 4 years now and have put together a high performing IT team which have replicated some of the successes they have produced in other locations around the World.
THE ROLE The role sits within the core engineering team and you will be involved with design, development and delivering real-time, ultra-low-latency solutions on a product driven, end-to-end basis. You will touch on and in some areas take responsibility for the entire engineering tech stack. As such, experience and interest working on a variety of layers and technologies within a SOA environment.
You will be joining a dedicated team which will grow extensively over the next 12 months. Experience working in both small/start-up & larger, more structured environments would be beneficial. As would the interest to lead teams/projects as the Sydney office grows. This will be a fast and lean team that are accountable for the work that they deliver. Every member will have the ability and opportunity to add significant value and impact to the solutions developed.
- Extensive 5-8 years software engineering experience using a variety of object-oriented languages. Ideally Memory-managed languages (C#, C++ Java, Python, Node, Ruby)
- A demonstrable track record of significant and self-directed contributions to large and challenging distributed systems
- Experience working in real-time, high-throughput, latency sensitive environments
- MVC-based web architecture exposure
- Experience working RESTful APIs
- Ability to work well in and lead a high performing technology team
NICE TO HAVES:
- Angular, React, Redux development experience
- Distributed request handling services
- NoSQL and relational SQL databases experience
- Big Data processing knowledge (Data bus architecture, Hadoop / MPP data warehousing)
- Config Management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack)
- Data Visualisation (Tableau)
- Any exposure to Mesos, Kubernetes, and/or Docker
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018