Senior Mechanical Engineer
You will be joining the Engineering Team in Somersby, responsible for engineering design of conveyors as well as leading a team of Mechanical Drafters. You will work to deadlines, strategic objectives and build relationships with key stakeholders and clients.
Duration of contract: 9 months (with opportunity to go permanent)
- Detail knowledge of belt conveyor performance calculations and bulk solid theory
- Experience working to Australian Standards; AS1755, AS4026, AS3390, AS4100
- Principles of Machine System design
- Mechanical Drafting Standards
- 3D Modelling using AutoDESK Inventor
- FEA using AutoDESK Inventor and Strand7.
- Proven supervisory and Leadership skills
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Developing detail product engineering information for components and sub-systems of conveyor belt equipment.
- System level design mechanical systems and associated sub-systems.
- Implementing Finite Element Analysis (FEA) Techniques to verify manual and computational engineering calculations
- Conducting Discrete Element Modelling (DEM) when required to measure bulk material flow performance.
- Ensure Engineering Change Management Processes are completed effectively and efficiently through full life cycle of project.
- Establish product standards that will reduce design effort and cost and continually seek product improvements that will reduce both production and installation costs.
- Prepare engineering costing data for project variations
- Prepare and maintain schedules and budgets for projects/work allocated.
- Distribute work assignments to team members to ensure that allocated tasks are completed on time and on budget.
- Participate, when required, in forward resource planning activities.
- Improve the level of knowledge of all team members through effective mentoring and coaching of personnel.
If this sounds like the new start you have been looking for in 2019, please apply now!
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018