About the company:
As a result of ongoing and continued successes both within Malaysia and internationally, this global leader within the Oil & Gas Engineering Consulting company is recruiting a Senior / Lead Safety & Risk Engineer to join their Engineering team in Malaysia.
About the job:
As the Senior / Lead Safety & Risk Engineer you will be responsible for a range of business critical task Including:
- Provide support, advice and recommendations to Project Managers/ Project Director in respect of the HSE and Risk Assessment requirements and prepare project specific HSE and Risk Management Plan & schedule of a particular project.
- Perform and generate various project specific HSE study reports like HSE Case, QRA, EERA, ESSA, Consequence Modelling, Flare Radiation & dispersion, Dropped Object ,Fire & Explosion Analysis, ALARP Analysis, Ergonomic Study, Human Factor Engineering, etc and related design documents, engineering drawings as required by scope of work.
- Develop and generate all safety related design documents, engineering drawings, fire protection and lifesaving equipment datasheets and specifications as well as perform Technical Bid Evaluation.
- Perform Loss Prevention Studies such as Hazardous Area Classification, Active & Passive Fire Protection requirements.
- Identify source of major hazard as well as Safety Critical Element and subsequently address and co-ordinate Safety in Design requirements in terms of Safety and Loss Prevention Philosophy, SCE performance standards, Safety and Fire Fighting Equipment Layouts.
- Perform fire water & deluge system design including fire water demand calculations and steady-state fire water network hydraulic modelling.
- Hands on experience on range of proprietary Modelling & Simulation software such as PHAST, SAFETI, Flaresim, FRED, Pipenet, FLACS.
- Undertake a wide variety of HSE and Risk Consultancy Services for internal projects as well as external clients.
- Participate in all HAZID, HAZOP, HSE Case, SIL, Human Factors Engineering Workshops and various project technical reviews which require HSE and Risk technical input or advice.
- Check and review other engineering disciplines deliverables for quality and compliance to all HSE requirements, marks-up any comment or revision on these documents and ensure that the changes are included and completed on the latest copies of all affected documents.
- Perform project document, drawing and reports filing as per QA manual.
- Undertake any other duties as appropriate within their competency, as required by their supervisor from time to time.
- Conversant with relevant international codes and standards including DNV, API, NFPA, SOLAS etc.
- Manage a small team of professional and technical people and provide coaching and mentoring to young engineers and graduate engineers.
To succeed in this role you must possess the following skills & experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or relevant.
- Minimum 12 years in process engineering work experience in EPC for Oil & gas industry.
- Registered as Engineer with Board of Engineers Malaysia
- Good knowledge with CIRRUS, FRED, PHA, ADMS and PHAST/ SAFETI software.
- Conversant with relevant international codes and standards such as DNV, API, NFPA, SOLAS etc.
- Good communication skills and experience in leading team of engineers
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.