Senior Firmware Engineer
Progressive IT is on the Lookout for an experience Firm ware Engineer to join an innovative organisation in Sydney.
As a focus you will be mainly working with Firmware chips as well as involvement writing Python Script, device drivers, core DSP Loops, Interrupt Handlers and other related areas.
- Implementation of the 802.11ah standard in Firmware involving all layers.
- Support of chip bring up on bench.
- Implementation of Wi-Fi Alliance test suite software as required
- Various Optimisations for Performance, Footprint and Power consumption
- Writing Python scripts to facilitate testing and other tasks
- There will be some customer interaction, e.g. implementation of customer requested features, resolution of customer found issues etc
What you need:
- 4+ years relevant industry experience in embedded software projects
- Proven experience in Firmware development using the C programming language
- Experience in writing and using RTOS, including bootloaders, device drivers, interrupt handlers and DMA routines.
- Experience using software version control and issue tracking systems
- A good understanding of IEEE 802.11 standard including 802.11 security model
- Experience with RISC-V instruction set and architecture
- Experience in working on GNU/Linux, GCC and Make development environment
- Experience with wireshark for testing and debugging of 802.11 systems
- Experience with various hardware interfacing buses, like SDIO, SPI and I2C
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018