Our client, a multinational Oil & Gas exploration company, are currently looking for a Senior Drilling Supervisor to support operations in Nigeria.
Job Purpose & Accountabilities:
* Establish and maintain HSE plans to execute drilling and completion, Workover and well intervention operations in accordance with GOAL Zero.
* Is fully conversant with Company and Contractor Emergency Response Procedures and ensures the rig is fully prepared for an emergency.
* Accountable for the investigation of incidents and compliance with Company incident management requirements.
* Implement and Manage SIMOPS.
* Support Start-up of a new Jackup rig to Company Operations. Rig Intake planning is expected to be a significant part of this role
* Ensuring performance delivery of a quality well: in time and in budget, meeting the agreed primary objectives stated in the well functional specification and further worked out in detail in the well design/technical specification.
* Identifying, initiating and implementing Technical Limit Drilling activities in the detailed planning and execution phases of assigned well projects (Best Practices screening, DWOP, Pre-spud, well section reviews and briefings of rig team and contractors).
* Budget and Cost Control, cost management, reporting in accordance with internal reporting requirements for wells.
* Provides clear and concise data / reports to office based Well Delivery team members of daily activities in terms of progress, waste generation and non-conformance.
* To co-ordinate HAZIDs & risk analyses related to well construction projects.
* To co-ordinate the preparation of the consent application.
* To co-ordinate regular drilling unit inspections with drilling contractor and service companies, and act on the results of these.
* Ensuring compliance with the Well Construction process. Coordinating the development of a DDP and the information package for Authorities based on the agreed and reviewed WTS.
* Managing the Company rig team and contractor staff including the service contractors for the well project.
* Participating in Concept & Design reviews to provide and shares expert knowledge with other members of the Well Delivery Teams.
* Ensuring that rig activities are executed as designed and seeks appropriate approvals for deviations from the objectives.
* Developing and maintaining relationships with Asset staff to obtain optimal subsurface support throughout the execution phase of a well.
* Liaising with the Well Delivery Team Leader during the execution phase to support approval process in case of changes (AFE change control).
* Ensuring that rig team generates the required reports, including the End of Well Report to record performance and ensuring that learning points are captured and documented.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Minimum 10 years' experience in Offshore Drilling Supervisory position on JU with rig start-up experience.
- Experienced HSE leader with evidence of good HSE performance in prior operations
- Performance Mind-set and Proven capability to drive delivery of Best-In-Class Wells
- Implementation and management of SIMOPS
- Round II or equivalent trade test and IWCF
- Strong contract management, business sense, cost awareness and a commitment to the HSEMS process.
- Bachelor's Degree for visa purposes
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.